After our long plane trip, Dana and I met with the “Ukraine Relief initiative” and “KDU” team leaders to understand where we were most needed. The answer was everywhere. There are thousands of displaced refugees, and so much help is necessary. There are many volunteers from all over the world. They have dropped everything in their lives and unselfishly stepped into their roles to help with this humanitarian crisis. It’s exhausting work and takes a toll on the body and heart, but they persevere. We feel truly honored to have the opportunity to work side by side with them.
Mission statement: “Relieve the crisis. Thoughtfully. With discipline and heart. Now.”
We want to share a little about what the “Ukraine Relief Initiative” and KDU teams are doing.
- Directing and deploying the efforts of our international volunteers
- Coordinating with other hundreds of local volunteers
- Organizing donations and supplies
- Distribution of supplies
- Transporting arriving Ukrainians from the border
- Delivering supplies to the border and giving them to supporters for the Ukrainians that have chosen to stay in Ukraine
- Arrange housing with host families and support for the hosting families
- Resettlement from Krakow throughout Poland or the EU
- Large-scale food preparation and coordination of delivery to homes
- Personal and professional services
- Job placement
- Arranging daycare and school
- Medical help
This is one of the most significant humanitarian efforts in history. A few of the volunteer groups in Poland are the Red Cross, Doctors without Borders, the All-Ukrainian Foundation (helping children orphanages), and Voices of Children (helping with aid for all children affected by the war). There are many, many more groups worldwide helping the efforts. The need is enormous, but we can all make a difference.
Many of you have already donated, and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. I know the ask is big, but please share our message if your circle of friends wants to help. Be positive and stay safe. #standwithukraine #peaceforukraine
Freedom is possible!
Cindy and Dana
HOW TO MAKE FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE UKRAINIAN RELIEF INITIATIVE
All contributions are fully tax-deductible through HCC, our registered 501(c)(3) passthrough charity.
TO CONTRIBUTE BY CHECK:
Make your check payable to **Hispanic Community Council** – (VERY IMPORTANT: not to Ukraine Relief Initiative) and send it to the following address:
HCC – URI
c/o John Kersey
208 Liberty Street
Warren, PA 16365
Please indicate “Ukrainian Relief Initiative” in the check memo and include a note with your contact info (address, phone, email).
TO CONTRIBUTE ELECTRONICALLY BY PAYPAL:
Use this link: https://www.paypal.com/
In the memo, please include your name, address, phone #, and email so we can process your tax receipt.