It’s been a week since my last update. It took a little longer to adjust my sleeping from Poland’s time back to Pacific Time. So, needless to say, I’ve been a little tired. I’m well-rested and ready to give you the latest on what we’ve been doing and how it’s going in Poland with the community center.
Our week was filled with doctor appointments, picking up new golf clubs, and catching up with friends. And we did last-minute planning for being gone for a while. Last weekend, we attended a planning retreat with my last remaining client. It was great fun with lots of laughs…my favorite thing to do!!! We left California and went to Phoenix to pick up Athena. Her axles and springs were repaired, and she was waiting for us. We are both happy! We are golfing our way to New York to meet my sister and her husband next month.
“Relieve the crisis. Thoughtfully. With discipline and heart. Now.”
Update from Ukraine Relief Initiative:
- Provided more than 2,000 meals for refugee families.
- Funded pre-school education for 25 displaced Ukrainian children in Gdansk.
- Most importantly, partnered with Kraków Dębniki for Ukraine (KDU) to start work on a pre-school and community center to serve refugee families with everyday essentials of food and clothing, Polish and English classes, and job search workshops, co-working space, daycare, and teen programs.
Update on the community center in Kraków, Poland:
- The carpet was laid, the walls are complete, and the curtains are up.
- The kitchen is being set up now.
- We’ve had a generous donation of laptops, and the network is being installed.
- A “Space Warming” (like housewarming) is planned for June 5th.
Our work is not over. New displaced Ukrainians are arriving daily. Thank you for your generous donations. I’ve sent over another $1,500.00 from my Venmo account. Woohoo! Please consider an additional donation to allow us to sustain and expand our efforts to meet this need and to help our new displaced friends. And please continue to share this message with your circle of friends. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Be positive and stay safe.
Freedom is possible!
Cindy and Dana
P.S. If you are in the San Diego area on Sunday, May 22 at 4:00 pm, The Unity Center is creating a peaceful concert with cello and piano music, and poetry. The concert proceeds benefit Kraków Dębniki for Ukraine. A Polish NGO housing, serving Ukrainian women and children fleeing the war. Fundacja Kocham Debniki. The goal is $10,000 and $8,296 has already been raised through the PayPal account below! Thank you, Rev Wendy Craig-Purcell and all members and attendees at The Unity Center for your generosity in donating funds for food, supplies, programs, and direct care for our Ukrainian guests. Ukraine Relief Initiative☮️
HOW TO MAKE FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS
These contributions are tax-deductible through HCC, our registered 501(c)(3) pass-through charity.
TO CONTRIBUTE BY CHECK:
Make your check payable to **Hispanic Community Council** (VERY IMPORTANT: not to Ukraine Relief Initiative). After you write your check to the Hispanic Community Council, please mail your check to:
Ukrainian Relief Initiative
c/o Gladys Archer
115 Main Ave
Warren, PA 16365
Please indicate “Ukrainian Relief Initiative” in the check memo and include a note with your contact info (address, phone, email). For details on the Hispanic Community Council* see the footnote at the bottom.
TO CONTRIBUTE ELECTRONICALLY BY PAYPAL:
Use this link: https://www.paypal.me/UkraineReliefInitiat. PayPal goes through Gladys Archer, serving as a liaison between the “Ukraine Relief Initiative” and “Hispanic Community Council,” our 501(c)3 pass-through organization.
In the memo, please include your name, address, phone #, and email so we can process your tax receipt.
CONTRIBUTE WITH NO TAX RECEIPT
Venmo directly to my personal account now, and I’ll ensure your funds get where they need to be. Make sure to indicate “Ukraine Relief Initiative” in the transfer. Please give me your contact info (phone, email, address). You can Venmo directly to me:
Click this link, https://account.venmo.com/u/Cynthia-Henson-12.
* In light of the emergency needs in Poland/Ukraine and the prohibitively long lead time of months or even years to establish a new charity in the US, the Hispanic Community Council of Chautauqua County (HCC), a local 501(c)(3) charity in the Warren-Jamestown area, has generously stepped forward, slashed the red tape, and agreed to act as the passthrough charity to process payments and issue tax receipts for our Ukraine Relief Initiative, consistent with their broad charitable mandate relating to international community engagement. HCC is not charging our initiative one single penny to act as our passthrough charity. 100% of your contributions sent to HCC and earmarked for the Ukrainian Relief Initiative will go directly towards our mission of relieving the Ukrainian refugee crisis.