Principle #3 – Discover What Juices You – And Pursue It!
This is the season for change. The warm air is turning crisp, and the trees are slowly going into their long winter sleep. Not only are there seasonal changes, but there are changes in our country, too. There’s a new awareness of worker dissatisfaction and a labor movement to seek change. Our new federal government has our backs. They are trying to pass an increase in the minimum wage, affordable daycare, and safety in the workplace with vaccine mandates. Finally…our government is working for all of us!
“As we say we fight for working people, we have to make sure our policies reflect that.”
– U.S. Representative Pramila Jayapal
USA Today reported there were 4.3 million Americans that quit their jobs in August. That’s record-breaking! And employees are speaking up for the right to earn a living wage and for safe working environments. I commend their courage to stand up for their rights. Also, offering affordable daycare would help employers and employees and will create new jobs. Win, win! I think it’s past time for employers to understand that their employees are their most significant assets! I’m climbing off of my soapbox now…but seriously!
To be fair, some employers are paying attention and making the necessary changes to retain their workers. Employers and employees are coming together to discuss better wages and working conditions.
“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
– Alice Walker
So, what about you? Do you love your job but don’t like the leadership? Are you ready to make your voice heard? Are you ready for a career change or retirement? It’s an employee’s market. Now’s the time to go for it!
Change is never easy, and you might be wondering if you really need a change. Maybe these questions will help:
- Do you feel stuck? – Is there anything new in your life? Or is it always the same-o, same-o? Boring…
- Do you hate to get up in the morning? – Do you feel like your life has no purpose or focus? We all feel this at one time or another. The key is to address it and move on.
- Do you dread going to work? – Let’s face it, it’s always more fun to stay at home, but it’s more challenging to go to work when you don’t like your job.
- Do you feel like you are missing something in your life? – Sometimes we ask ourselves, is this all there is? Get up in the morning, go to work, come home, eat, and go to sleep. There’s gotta be more than this. Right?
- Do you daydream throughout the day? – Are your daydreams about what kind of life you would like to have?
- Are you jealous of other people’s lives? – Why are they so happy with their lives and you’re not? What do they have that you don’t? You deserve to be happy too!
There’s so much more to life than working in a dead-end job. Now’s the time to find the courage to make a change. You deserve a job you enjoy! Find that position that feeds your passion with a company that values you.
I think the pandemic has changed many of us. You might feel, like me, and understand that life is short. It’s time to do what feeds our soul and be with people we love so we feel valued and special. When you take a chance for something you love, it can be less scary.
“The important thing is not being afraid to take a chance. Remember, the greatest failure is to not try. Once you find something you love to do, be the best at doing it.” – Debbi Fields
Change happens all around us, all the time. This is the perfect time to make the necessary changes in your life to feel purposeful and happy. Join the labor movement and re-evaluate your priorities. Are you ready to make the change for a life that speaks to you? Start your journey and enjoy the season!
Freedom is possible!